Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sweet Innocence

The nice thing about young kids is how they're so unabashed and honest with their feelings. Gab is just like that.

I get kisses on the lips, kisses on the cheek all the time. And when she's in the mood to brag about her knowledge of body parts, I hear "ilong-ilong-ilong" or "tenga-tenga-tenga" which basically means making our noses and ears touch. (I bet it's your first time to hear of ears touching as means of showing affection, huh?)

There's always that line, "Yakap nang mahigpit", said numerous times, especially before I step out of the house.

There's "Gusto ko sa yo. Gusto ko sumama sa yo."

There's "Bakit ang tagal mo sa office? Kanina pa kita hinihintay."

There are shouts of "Teyk ker! Ilabyuuuu!" by the front door.

And just this afternoon, while I was getting ready to leave, I see her sneak in a sandwich for my Dad, who she fondly calls "Wotot". She is the sweetest kunsintidor. (My dad basically eats through a tube in his stomach, after having had 5 strokes. But sometimes he's allowed to have food which he can easily chew.)

Such a sweet kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment